...lies a world of flat-ish, comfortable, and decidedly solid shoes that defy categorization. Some might call them flat ankle boots, though it's not quite accurate, because "ankle boot" should refer to something that actually covers your ankle. Maybe the Frye people got it right when they called it a "shootie" because that captures the neither-here-nor-there nature of such footwear. Or, as Garry quipped, sh'booties.
- COMFORT. You could walk in these shoes all day and still be happy as a clam.
- Made out of high quality, structured leather
- Low heel, less than 2 inches if possible
- Super low or non-existent shaft (exposed ankles preferable) with a no-fuss slip-on design
- Cool details like buckles, ties, buttons and hand-tooling a plus
- Decidedly mannish or androgynous in style.